Blog Description

You are likely to find everything golf here. Product reviews, course reviews, tournament commentary, and of course reports on my on-course travails. I hope you find it enhancing.

Note: The way the editor works, the appearance of the blog is different depending on the laptop/pc/smartphone that you are using and the screen resolution. It may look great on one and very different on another. Sorry, but I can't control that. Hopefully you get the gist and won't be too put off if it doesn't look the way it does on my monitor...which of course is fantastic :)!

Tuesday, September 3, 2013

WORLD AMATEUR HANDICAP CHAMPIONSHIP PHOTO LINKS

Steph, officially the world's most beautiful photograher, took hundreds of photos at the 30th Anniversary of the Golf.com World Amateur Handicap Championship in Myrtle Beach. Most of the photos are from Flights 26 and 27 and the four courses we had the pleasure of playing. I know her being there made the tournament even better for me, but I suspect she made it better for a lot of other participants as well. Thanks Steph!


Edited Photos from the 19th Hole
Billed as the world's largest 19th hole, and I surely won't argue after hanging out there all four nights. Food, drink, games, camaraderie, dozens of vendors, gadgets, you name it, it was at the 19th Hole. 

Edited Photos from Day 1
Tiger's Eye Golf Club was a prettier course than I remembered. Guess I was really focused on the business at hand, but seeing the shots that Steph took makes me want to go back just to tour the course. Finished with an 81 to tie for second in the flight with playing and cart partner Craig Forbes.

Edited Photos from Day 2
Aberdeen Country Club was the site for Day 2, and the scene of my two-stroke penalty golf crime! You'll just have to check out the Day 2 blog post to find out what my boo boo was. I played the course two days before the tournament round and had time to look around and take in the landscape. As we traversed the course, we couldn't help but note the bridges of Aberdeen. another course I would be happy to play multiple times.


Tournament Players Club of Myrtle Beach on Day 3 was where the ground beneath my new Puma golf shoes began to tremble. Okay, so maybe it wasn't the ground shaking. Bottom line, was that I went into that day with my only double bogey being my penalty the day before, and I started Day three with two doubles. It didn't get much better. Lightning greens snatched the newly found confidence in my putting stroke.

Edited Photos from Day 4
The meltdown that began the day before reached its climax at Myrtlewood Golf Club. As lovely as this course may have been, my most prominent memory will be of my ugly collapse. Such a shame, huh? 


Edited Photos from Championship Friday
Well, we didn't have the world's loveliest photographer doing her thing, especially since I wasn't a part of that special day. My heart wasn't in photography on Day 5, and we didn't travel the course, but there are a few worthwhile shots. 

When as is said and done, the best photos are the ones the 3310 competitors carry with them in the albums of their minds and hearts. Thanks to Golf Holiday staff for putting on a tremendous event!  Swing away...T. A.

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures and story line, it was a pleasure and enjoyment meeting both of you at the 30th World Am and look forward to seeing you again next year

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Pictures TA, Tell steph.
    Hello and see you guys next year.



    ReplyDelete

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.