Blog Description

You are likely to find everything golf here. Product reviews, course reviews, tournament commentary, and of course reports on my on-course travails. I hope you find it enhancing.

Note: The way the editor works, the appearance of the blog is different depending on the laptop/pc/smartphone that you are using and the screen resolution. It may look great on one and very different on another. Sorry, but I can't control that. Hopefully you get the gist and won't be too put off if it doesn't look the way it does on my monitor...which of course is fantastic :)!

Friday, May 2, 2014

CHICO'S BRINGS LADIES PRO GOLF TO CYPRESS LAKES

I'm Confoosed!
Far too often I run into a bit of information that makes me say, “Why in the “bleep” didn’t I know that?” I had one of those moments today when I finally tuned into what a couple of people have been hinting at for a couple of days.

Terry Jo Myers
A few days ago, on the putting green at The Hideaway Country Club, Glenn Myers had mentioned that his Sister Terry Jo had been around the club (The Hideaway) getting ready for her participation in an event at Cypress Lake Country Club. Did I pay that much attention? Nope.

Nolan Henke- Photo courtesy of Kevin Cox/Getty Images
Yesterday, before we started our tennis lesson, Nolan Henke’s wife Michelle mentioned that 
Blair O'Neal
her husband was going to be playing with Blair O’Neal at Cypress Lake, and, yes, that was a big deal. If you don’t know who Blair O’Neal is, she shows up on all the “hot golfer” lists and is a legitimate model.


T. A. & Chris 
So did I get a clue that something golf-special was going on around town? Not a chance! Clueless, obtuse, dense, or just plain “duhhh” would all be adequate descriptors for me. Finally, after golf buddy Chris Capps prodded me a bit, I decided to investigate further.

Holy hole in one Batman; there’s a real live women’s professional event in town, and it’s only 10 minutes away from me! 

Ginger Howard at Sara Bay
Maybe I should listen to the radio, watch the TV, or something along those lines, huh? For those who don’t know and perhaps haven’t cared until this very moment, the Symetra Tour is billed as “The road to the LPGA,” and functions like the Web.com Tour for the PGA Tour.

Patty Berg, 1st LPGA President
In any event, the Inaugural Chico’s Patty Berg Memorial, a new Symetra Tour stop, that debuted at Cypress Lake this Friday, May 2ndSomewhere in the annals of my quickly dissipating mind there’s some knowledge of Patty Berg, one of the founding members of the LPGA, but there was absolutely no knowledge that Cypress Lake was her home club. Oh, by the way, Patty Berg still holds the record for the most majors in LPGA history (15)!

Cypress Lake Country Club
Kudos to Chico's for sponsoring a tour stop and bring the Symetra Tour to Fort Myers! Props to Cypress Lake Country Club for hosting the event, to Century Link for providing free admission to the event, and to Edison College for the free parking! Proceeds from the Chico's Patty Berg Memorial will benefit the American Cancer Society's ovarian cancer research efforts.

I didn’t get down there after my lessons today, but I will be sure to get down to Cypress Lakes tomorrow (Saturday, May 3rd) to pay my respects and check out some future LPGA stars. Before I go, tell me Michelle, did Nolan have a good time today (wink)? Grip it and rip it...T. A.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your thoughts would be greatly appreciated.